Here's what I have just discovered: the mix of a glass of white wine, a super long week at work, freshly fallen snow sparkling outside my window, and blaring Taylor Swift is a very quick way to make me want to sing and blog and dance and forget my stress. I'll start with the singing and blogging since I don't think I can dance and type at the same time and to be honest, trying to make my fingers type one thing while my mouth sings another is enough of a challenge with the wine.
I have two things that I want to blog, and one I don't think I'm brave enough to right now. So I'll start with the other which is sort of an extension of the 25 Random Things About Me notes that have been plaguing facebook. I wrote mine and thought that I had been satisfied with my answers until I started reading other people's and realized that there were whole categories of qualities about myself that had been left out. So here I will try to rectify that situation. And bear in mind that my mind is a little scrambled. Mostly from my week at work, and a little bit from the alcohol. It's not like half a glass should affect me that much, but I am already exhausted and loopy so who knows.
1. I love Friday the 13th and am what one might call a triskaidekaphilic. But don't ask me to walk under a ladder, or climb a ladder, or stand on a ladder. They scare me.
2. There are certain songs that I want to share with the whole world and I feel their lives are not complete unless they care about these songs as much as I do. Perfect example: Many Sparrows by Dan Craig is now playing on my computer. Other songs might include Drifting by Sundry, Martyrs and Thieves by Jennifer Knapp, Come Monday by Jimmy Buffett, etc.
3. Sometimes I get these really strong desires to experience scenes from my favorite books. A weekend on the coast from Sundays at Tiffanys, riding bikes and sleeping in late at a Bed and Breakfast. A baseball game on a warm spring day or watching old home videos from Danger in the Shadows. The magic of an adventure and the sense of coming home again from Orthodoxy. Thanksgiving dinner from The Things We Do For Love. It's like I can picture myself there and hope that God has something that wonderful in store for my future.
4. I get really frustrated when I walk behind people who walk slow. I'm naturally a fast walker. It stresses me out as much as working with incompetent people and being late.
5. I love it when people call me 'Mitchell' because it makes me feel loved. Something about having a nickname. I don't know.
6. I wish that other people would try as hard at Oreo racing as I do. It would be nice to have some competition every once in a while instead of slaughtering everybody all the time.
7. Sometimes it scares me how low my self-esteem is. My whole life, I have been able to accomplish everything I've ever wanted to, and I still can't seem to find the confidence to get me through daily life.
8. Making people laugh is one of my most favorite things. My future husband better think I'm funny. Or at least have lots of friends who do.
9. My favorite type of tree is a blue spruce. Mostly because of the crooked one in my front yard growing up, but also because I should've gotten the blue spruce--they're lighter.
10. Not that this should come as a surprise, but everything about Colorado makes me feel at home. The mountains, walking around barefoot, driving by STM, watching the sunset off the back deck, Invesco Field, the french fry building, the cemetary outside Julesburg, the flag, the license plates, the massive amounts of people that always want to spend as much time as possible outside, the bike trail along C-470, REI, Area 5 at the JPII Center, etc. I can't wait to come home.
Ten is enough because it's time to watch a movie. I bought about 7 movies in the last two weeks, and it's time to be a little self-indulgent.