Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Arise, Greet the Dawning




My yard has proved more of a stress than a joy lately. And I keep lamenting every time I see a new plant crop up--is it a weed? is it supposed to be there? will it get too big? how am I supposed to care for it? does it need extra water? is there any end to this jungle?

So, after spending a few minutes hacking at the giant Russian Olive tree in my backyard and trimming back an overgrown rose bush on my side patio, I decided to take a little time to rejoice in my garden. Or at least to capture on film the many colors and shapes and hidden treasures in my yard. Some are intentional, some are accidental, but all are mine. (Note: I'm not a photographer, nor do I pretend to be)




No comments:

I reserve the right to make this blog as worthless to read as I feel like, and also to write as infrequently as I deem necessary. Just thought I'd let you know since I finally decided to share my blog.