Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Better Late Than Never

Stealing the idea from multiple others, I present to you my list of 14 things I accomplished in 2014 and 15 things on my list for 2015.  If I complete even half the list, I think I'll succeed in my traditional New Year's resolution of 1 new place and 3 things that challenge my comfort zone.

2014 saw me do the following:

  1. PALS re-certification
  2. *Finish a half-marathon (in sub 2-hour time, I might add)
  3. *Kiss the Blarney Stone (and many other Ireland adventures)
  4. Be a patient (it's miserable)
  5. Win 2 flag-football championships
  6. Host a book club
  7. Hike Twin Sisters with the twin sister
  8. Camp...TWICE!
  9. *Play Pato Pato Pollo (and many other Nicaragua adventures)
  10. Wear a Halloween costume (this one's a BIG deal)
  11. *Learn a song on guitar
  12. Be submerged in a giant mud puddle (part of the Warrior Dash)
  13. Drink Jack Daniels at the Bluebird in Nashville
  14. Hike RMNP
The items with asterisks are my one new place (Ireland) and three things outside my comfort zone (mission trip, guitar, half-marathon)

I'm hoping 2015 will hold the following:
  1. Go on a retreat
  2. Attend a new sporting event (lacrosse, college football, etc)
  3. Hit confession every month (already got two months down!)
  4. Hike a new 14er
  5. Eat a Palisade peach in Palisade
  6. Present a poster at PPAG
  7. Listen at an open mic night
  8. Take Dad's bike for a spin (the Kawasaki, not the bicycle)
  9. Put music to one of my songs
  10. Go on a picnic
  11. Hike the Maroon Bells
  12. Read something by von Balthasar
  13. Watch the leaves change in New England
  14. Watch a sunrise
  15. Remodel a bathroom
There you have it- this year's version of a resolution, or fifteen.

1 comment:

Jim Z said...

Now that you've taken my "bike" for a spin...and burn, don't you think you should write about it? :-)

I reserve the right to make this blog as worthless to read as I feel like, and also to write as infrequently as I deem necessary. Just thought I'd let you know since I finally decided to share my blog.