I don't really hate my life, but when the sound of running water wakes you up and you realize it's coming from your apartment and then you realize it's the sound of water pouring through the vent in your bathroom ceiling onto your toilet and rug (after you just cleaned everything yesterday) and then you realize it's also coming through your closet and splashing on all your shoes and then it splashes on you and you notice it smells like vomit and then you go upstairs to figure out what's going on and the tenants barely speak English, and all of this is at 6:30 on a Sunday morning on what feels like my first weekend off in months, then yes, I hate my life. And I just want to scream and hit something, but I won't. But I want to. Real bad. Maintenance won't be here for another twenty minutes or so, and I have to pass the time.
Here's what I'd get up for at 6:00 in the morning on a weekend when I'm already sleep-deprived:
- A Women's National Team soccer game. Probably not just any game, but definitely a World Cup or Olympic game. And that's to watch it on TV or my computer. I'd get up much earlier if it meant I got to watch it in person.
- A family trip to Indy. Not that I love them, but usually I don't get much say in the start time. I'm used to it though.
- World Youth Day. To date, it was I think the earliest I'd ever gotten up (for Denver, not Toronto, although that was an early wake-up call as well), but so totally worth it.
- Right now I'm tired enough that I can't think of much else that would be worth it.
Things I would not get up at 6:00 in the morning (or earlier) for:
- Idiot neighbors blaring the music on Halloween.
- Idiot neighbors breaking the glass door on New Year's Eve.
- Idiot neighbors blaring the radio and screaming on a random day in the middle of the week (I would say blaring music, but it was really mostly talk radio)
-VOMIT WATER POURING THROUGH MY CEILING AFTER I'VE JUST CLEANED MY WHOLE APARTMENT AND I NEED MY SLEEP! BADLY NEED MY SLEEP!
Okay, I don't feel any better. And it's only been about five minutes. I think I'll make some coffee and go watch Chuck. I really want to scream!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!