Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lenten Resolutions

Well, I haven't found enough time or motivation to sit down and hash out my New Year's Resolutions for this year. I mean, I have goals that I have set to accomplish. Climb at least 2 14ers. Go to a WPS game. Survive my residency. Buy a house. But nothing really on the longitudinal scale of a New Year's Resolution.

Speaking of resolutions, I have, however, discovered what my Lenten journey will NOT involve this year. I will NOT be giving up caffeine. I used to laugh that my mom had her Diet Pepsi and popcorn every afternoon at work for as long as I can remember (until she had to radically change her diet). And then I had a 24-pack of Diet Coke in my apartment courtesy of my loving parents who do their darndest to spoil me from 500 miles away. And after a month of Diet Coke every afternoon at about 1:00, I ran out at the end of last week. I couldn't figure out why I had been so tired this whole week when the clock hit about 2:00pm. Today, I had an epiphany. My body became severely dependent upon that caffeine fix after lunch. When you average 10-hour days, you need a little boost midway through. So I will be making a grocery run shortly. Probably not tonight because Knight Rider is on, and I love my guilty pleasure TV. But tomorrow for sure. Or Friday. Which I'm taking as a PTO-burn day. Basically I saved up so much PTO that I get to burn days as "mental health" days to break up my 12-in-a-row. Only I have to go in for an hour meeting that I scheduled without thinking. Oops. Only myself to blame.

I got interrupted by a phone call from a wonderful friend and as I sit back down, I am no longer in the blogging mood. Until next time.

No comments:

I reserve the right to make this blog as worthless to read as I feel like, and also to write as infrequently as I deem necessary. Just thought I'd let you know since I finally decided to share my blog.