Tuesday, December 31, 2013

7 Days Off

Still not sure what to think about the new job.  Several days through my first stretch, I had a dream that I was asked for dosing recommendations for enoxaparin in an obese 10-year-old.  Something I would ordinarily jump at, but something that, unfortunately, is not likely to be part of my new job.  There are a lot of things that I loved doing clinically that will not be part of my new job.  The part I'm going to have to figure out is how to make the job as much as it possibly can be.  The part I've already figured out is how to maximize my weeks off.

In 7 days, I've managed to:

  • ski my first day of the season without falling
  • snowshoe a gorgeous trail up to the top of Squaw Mountain
  • try a new brewery, visit one of my favorite bars, and tour the Stranahan's distillery
  • celebrate Christmas with the fam, kick everyone's butt at Mexican Train
  • see two movies in the theater and another two from Redbox
  • vacuum, laundry, give the dog a bath
  • cook Greek meat pies, veggie mac 'n' cheese, breakfast burritos, and sausage & sweet potato soup
  • see Zoo Lights
  • finish a couple books
  • work out just enough to not feel like a slug
  • get my refrigerator fixed (hooray!)
  • do a little self-indulgent shopping
The only thing lacking was catching up on sleep.  That's gonna make 4:45am come really early tomorrow, but I'm taking things in baby steps.  Ask me in another month how the job is going.  In the mean time, the time off is going really well.

No comments:

I reserve the right to make this blog as worthless to read as I feel like, and also to write as infrequently as I deem necessary. Just thought I'd let you know since I finally decided to share my blog.