Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You wouldn't ask Jesus what kind of cheese to buy

This week, as inspired by my weekly discernment group, my goal was to talk to Jesus. I was going to try to tell Him things as they came up, be in dialogue with him throughout the day, be aware of the thoughts, feelings, and desires of my heart and share them, and not be afraid to ask for help.

Well, Jessi asked Him to fix her lawn mower. I need Him to fix my stupid apartment. Last time the sound of running water coming from my ceiling woke me up after a fair amount of sleep and on the morning of a day off. This time, after only an hour and a half of sleep, and I have to go to work tomorrow. Jesus was a carpenter, so he should be able to figure something out, right? Okay, I'm gonna go in the dining room and wait for the emergency maintenance guy. I hope they don't charge me for utilizing the on-call technician twice in two months.

Pray for my sanity.

1 comment:

M Zap said...

Crisis averted. Just the idiot neighbors upstairs who flooded their sink right above my heater.

I reserve the right to make this blog as worthless to read as I feel like, and also to write as infrequently as I deem necessary. Just thought I'd let you know since I finally decided to share my blog.