Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Morning

So, I woke up in a great mood that was enhanced by a great night of sleep, getting to read about the Rocks' and Broncs' victories yesterday, a fresh pot of coffee, and the prospect of sitting down to read for a couple hours before working out. The whole working out thing hit a snag when it started to snow. Yes, that's right, I said SNOW. Huge white flakes pouring down on the driveway, erasing all memory of the 90-degree sun from yesterday. And the best part was, I didn't mind. Granted, it nixed the bike ride I was planning before work. But it did nothing to dampen my spirits like a snow in Omaha. That gross gray wet sludge that sticks for 4 months.

You know what could dampen my spirits? Incompetence. Like idiots losing a fax that I told them was on its way, and then getting around to telling me about it 5 WEEKS LATER. And now I have to inconvenience the folks who did their part correctly to cover up for the incompetence. Regardless, it has to be better than facing another needle, so I'm gonna try to rectify the situation with another flurry of faxes. Gosh, this sure would be more convenient if I worked day shift and was already within 10 feet of a fax machine. Oh well. So much for my good mood. I'm going to ignore the mess for now and get back to my coffee and my book.

No comments:

I reserve the right to make this blog as worthless to read as I feel like, and also to write as infrequently as I deem necessary. Just thought I'd let you know since I finally decided to share my blog.