Friday, September 20, 2013

Fulfilled

The week has been long, somewhere between horrific and never-ending.  With the wombmate being out of town, I was left to deal with the dog on my own.  Not normally an issue given that he's the best dog in the world, but I was feeling torn between neglecting him and sucking my time away with adequate walks.  Work has been stressful to say the least.  Box-picker mock go-live (which means nothing to you who don't work with me), student precepting, extra meetings, double-back into a day center shift, and the looming Omegaven presentation at the annual CSPEN symposium.  CYAS committee work, fertilizing the yard, this darn attempt at dating, and inadvertently walking in on an STM school Mass (they are supposed to be on Friday people!).  You now understand why I'm ready for the week to be over.

But after killing it at the CSPEN conference and having time for a celebratory beer and socializing after the CYAS meeting, I'm feeling like maybe it was mostly worth it.  I have enough of a sense of fulfillment in my social life and professional life that I think I will sleep well tonight.  Figuring out precepting, planning the details for Nicaragua, mowing the overly healthy lawn, and all of the other things on my to-do list can get in line.  I'll take the temporary satisfaction.

And bonus points for me: the jacket I bought from REI at 50% off is now 70% off.  So I bought another one and I'll return the first, saving $30 in the process.  Go me!

1 comment:

Jim Z said...

70% off and a good night's sleep!
Ahhhh, the joys of life!

I reserve the right to make this blog as worthless to read as I feel like, and also to write as infrequently as I deem necessary. Just thought I'd let you know since I finally decided to share my blog.