Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What it takes to be happy

After another incredibly long day at "work" (the word mocks me and my bank account), I've come to the conclusion that happiness is attainable provided you set the right standards. For example, a lady came in today to get a prescription flavored for her granddaughter after the first four doses proved intolerable. She was so happy to walk in with something that was supposedly "strawberry creme" (liars!) and walk out with something that smelled at least like raspberry sorbet. You should have heard her talk about how good it smelled. If that's all anybody wanted out of life was to smell something raspberry, I think we'd all be pretty happy.

Of course, there is more to life than olfactory pleasantries. I've decided that one of the things that might make me happy is to blog without telling anyone that I'm doing so. You see, throughout the day, I frequently pause and think "What would this moment of my life be like if it were in a movie? What would people think? Would they laugh as hard as I just did? Could you manufacture the exact sensation of peace that I feel right now? Could we draft a football interception to be as dramatic as the one that actually happened? Is my life really this boring?" All these questions pop up as I imagine my life on the silver screen. Since my acting ability is tank-worthy and my self-confidence would never allow an entire movie to show my skin in its latest phase of break-out wonder, I've decided to pen the moments of my life that beg to be recorded somehow. I realize that raspberry Augmentin is hardly the stuff of best-sellers, but then again, I had to start somewhere. I was trying not to start off too morbid and when you spend your days on your feet dealing with angry customers and wallowing in boredom, you have to look a little to find the fun. FlavoRx was the best I could come up with on short notice, so there you go.

Maybe someday I'll clue people in to my blog address, but for now I'm content to write for me. It allows me to write about something as mundane as flavored antibiotics without worrying what others will think of me. Ooh, another bonus might possibly be that if I allow myself to process my day (in writing) before I go to sleep, the horrendously weird dreams might dissipate. Last night I picked a fight over my last energy bar (which happened to be bright green, but that's hardly weird for one of my dreams). I'm not expecting big things from the blog, but then again like I discovered today, it rarely takes big things to bring on a moment of happiness.

No comments:

I reserve the right to make this blog as worthless to read as I feel like, and also to write as infrequently as I deem necessary. Just thought I'd let you know since I finally decided to share my blog.