Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Homeward Bound

I hope I never grow out of the excitement of returning to colorful Colorado. Part of me wishes the draw wasn't so strong because it would make being away a little easier. But then again, if home doesn't feel like home, I think that would make for a sad existence. Granted, some would take the time to point out that you can establish a new home that starts to feel like home, but I don't think you really get to pick where your heart feels at home. I was watching First Daughter today (lame, I know) and I love the line when she says, "I love who I got to be with him." Colorado is kind of like that for me. I love who I get to be in Colorado. Maybe that has more to do with the break from school or work or whatever, but I think it has more to do with who I get to be around when I'm home. All you Omahans, don't take offense. I love who I get to be when I'm with you as well.

Take-home point: I'm ready to go home for a little while. I'm ready to celebrate my bday with my fam, I'm ready to give Laura her bday present, I'm ready for the Chuck Wicks concert if we ever get on the ball enough to get tickets. I'm totally stoked for A Man For All Seasons, for hanging out with Kelly who always wants to hang out with me, and for running in the neighborhood with my puppy. Okay, back to NAPLEX review.

No comments:

I reserve the right to make this blog as worthless to read as I feel like, and also to write as infrequently as I deem necessary. Just thought I'd let you know since I finally decided to share my blog.