Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Songs about me

As promised, a blog of songs I wish had been written about me.

**"Take Me There" by Rascal Flatts
As in Waitress, I think it is so easy to get addicted to saying things and having them matter to somebody. This song is about having someone who wants to know the deepest parts of you, your past, your family, everything that makes you 'you.' We all know how much I love to talk, especially about my family and fun memories and about myself. So of course, I would love to have someone whose desire is to "know everything about" me.

**"That's What I Love About Sundays" by Craig Morgan
Kind of an odd choice I guess, but every single time I hear the first verse of this song, I get this incredible longing to have a Sunday of Church, brunch, and a backyard football team. So I guess I wish the song had been written about my future life and future family and all our future Sundays together.

**"Out There" by Sister Hazel
A beautiful song about trying to find your better half. Lyrics like "Take me to sunrise from indigo." Enough said.

**"Ladies Love Country Boys" by Trace Adkins
It's no secret that I like cowboys. Maybe someday I'll come home with one. :) Also in this slot could go a song like "Good Directions" or "How 'Bout Them Cowgirls" etc.

**"What I Really Want to Say" by Steven Curtis Chapman
One of my favorite songs of all time, and definitely in the running for my wedding first dance. I want to find somebody who feels this way about me, but I think more than that I wish I had somebody that I could have written this about. Everyone wants somebody who can give them a place to come alive.

**"More Than You'll Ever Know" by Watermark
I would hope that despite my hang-ups on falling in love, that my life can speak to how I may have shown God to another. Or that the fruit of my prayers for others will bear fruit.

**"Comfortable" by John Mayer
I used to dislike this song because of the insinuation that somebody with a foul mouth was more desirable than someone with a clean one. But I realized it wasn't about the language; it was about having somebody that you were comfortable with and used to and that you could be yourself around. Plus, who doesn't want to have shopping cart races and crash into magazine racks?

**"Baby Girl" by Will Hoge
If my parents had any lyrical or musical inclinations, they may have written something like this. Of course, I have no doubt whatsoever of their love for me, and for all of their guidance and protection and prayers, this song could have been written about me. I'm still waiting for when I'm ready for "one never-ending kiss."

**"Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones
Except I would want to walk through the fields on a sunny day.

**"Almost Like Being in Love" by Frank Sinatra
The day where you're walking around and the sun is warmer and the flowers are brighter and your favorite song comes on the radio as soon as you get in the car, the days (per Susan) of wearing a skirt just because and seeing people that you know at every turn and having that glow about you that leads others to say, "Isn't it obvious. Michelle's in love." Only I'm not. Or I could be, but not in this song.

And of course, any classic love song like "At Last" or "To Make You Feel My Love". There are many others, but it's 9:00 and I have to study chemotherapy now. And do laundry. And call Student Health so I can get my TdaP. Woo hoo.

1 comment:

MJ said...

good luck with the tdap. I'm sure glad to be done with mine, every time I went to student health to get a shot I was met by someone else that had never given shots before. ouch!

I reserve the right to make this blog as worthless to read as I feel like, and also to write as infrequently as I deem necessary. Just thought I'd let you know since I finally decided to share my blog.