In honor of 11-11-11, here are 11 random thoughts occupying my head this beautiful Friday morning:
1. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.
2. I love Barnes and Noble. Really any bookstore, it just happens that the South Denver area is a little more lacking in the mom-and-pop arena. Walking around with my tall, light-room, one-pump-pumpkin-spice americano, just looking ("look at all the pretty!"). Planning Christmas gifts in my head. Resisting splurges for myself. Jotting down ideas for my next library visit. It all takes all the worries right outta my head.
3. I'm going to make it outside today to enjoy this gorgeous fall weather. I know some people are ready for the snow. And others are mourning the disappearance of the truly warm temps. But Fall days in the upper 60's with the sunshine and the crunch of leaves underfoot...I'll take those any day of the week. Bring on the jeans and hoodies. Or, since I have to go to work, scrubs and fleeces.
4. I hearby make a pact with myself to get to know the Saints. Not the New Orleans variety, although they have pulled out a couple big wins in my loser pool (see next post). Whenever I'm at Mass and it happens to be a Feast or Memorial, I find myself more often than not in complete ignorance of the day's patron. Granted, whenever possible, I try to plan my Mass days around Saints I like. Cosmos and Damian, Luke, etc. But there are so many. And they are such gifts to us who struggle in our faith life, holy examples of excellence in a world that encourages mediocrity.
5. Go Raiders!! I never thought I'd utter that statement. But my friends, if Philly wins on Sunday, I am crowned the winner of the loser pool. Pick a team to lose, any team, so long as you only pick them once all season. If they win, you're out. And thank goodness I don't trust the AFC West madness occurring this season because I stayed far away from picking those Raiders to lose. My coworker, and head-to-head opponent these last couple weeks, was not so wise. As long as Arizona comes through for me and botches the game, I'm the champion!
6. When a phone was just a phone, it was a lot easier to pick one.
7. I'm out of thoughts and out of time. Too bad today wasn't 7-7-07.